Creating Customer Location Hierarchy using DNA Spaces Connector
Cisco DNA Spaces Connector enables Cisco DNA Spaces to communicate with multiple Cisco AireOS Wireless Controllers efficiently by allowing each Wireless Controller to transmit high-intensity client data without missing any client information.
Note: The minimum system requirements for installing the Connector are as follows: 2 V CPU, 4 GB RAM, and 60 GB Hard Disk.
Downloading and Installing DNA Spaces Connector
- Download the Cisco DNA Spaces Connector OVA from software.cisco.com.
Note: Cisco DNA Spaces Connector currently supports only Cisco AireOS Wireless Controllers.
- Create a virtual machine in the ESXi server and deploy the downloaded Cisco DNA Spaces Connector OVA.
Note: The file size of the OVA file is 1.21 GB.
- On the login screen that appears, enter the default username and password.
- Enter the network settings by specifying the parameters such as IP address and host name that you want to configure in the Cisco DNA Spaces Connector.
- Enter yes to confirm the network settings.
- Enter yes to finalize the network setup.
- Enter NTP settings, if required.
- Create a new password for the root user and cmxadmin user.
- Press Enter to reboot the device, and open the WebUI using the provided address.
Generating the Connector Token in Cisco DNA Spaces
- Login to the Cisco DNA Spaces dashboard.
- Click on the Wireless Networks icon at the top right.
- Click on the Wireless Network Status button.
- Click on the Spaces Connector tab.
- Click the Create New Connector link at the top right to view the Create Spaces Connector dialog
- Enter Connector name in the Spaces Connector Name field.
- Enter relevant description in the Description field.
- Click Save to add a new connector.
- Hover your mouse on the associated Actions section to view the Generate Token, Edit, and Delete
- Click on the associated Generate Token (key icon under the Actions column) to view the Token
- Enter Email and Password credentials.
- Click Submit to view the generated token.
- Click Copy to copy the token and close the dialog box.
Configuring the Token in Cisco DNA Spaces Connector Dashboard
- Login into the Cisco DNA Spaces Connector dashboard.
- Click Settings > Configure Token.
- Paste the generated Token.
- Click Save.
Note: Once complete, the location updates will be received in DNA Spaces dashboard.