One or more Meraki Organizations and their associated networks can be imported in to the Cisco DNA Spaces Location Hierarchy. To connect Cisco DNA Spaces to Meraki Cloud Controller using your Meraki API access key:
- Login to the Cisco DNA Spaces dashboard.
- Click on the Locations Hierarchy menu. Hover your mouse pointer over the customer name (far-right), and under the More Actions drop-down menu (circular icon with 3 dots), click Add a Wireless Network.
- On the Add a Wireless Network window, select Cisco Meraki from the Wireless Network drop-down menu.
- Click on the Import Organization Using API link.
- Login to your Meraki dashboard, click on the logged-in account name (top-right) and click My Profile. Scroll down to the API Access section. Click Revoke, if you wish to revoke the API Access Key. Click Generate to generate a API key.
- Enter your Meraki API access key in the API Key textbox.
- Click on Fetch Organizations.
- Select your Organization and click on Add to import it in to Cisco DNA Spaces.
- On the Location Hierarchy page, expand the More Actions menu.
- Click Add Network to view the Add Network window.
- Select your Network and click Add to import it in to Cisco DNA Spaces.
- Note: Make sure to Add a Cisco DNA Spaces Services Account as admin in your Meraki dashboard, refer to the Add DNA Spaces Service account in Meraki section for details.
- Note: We recommend that you connect your Meraki account to your Cisco DNA Spaces account by using your Meraki credentials. Connecting via API key prevents you from fetching floor information for imported organizations. SSID status information and Activate/Sync options for SSIDs are not available for organizations added via API.
- Adding a Cisco DNA Spaces Service Account is not supported if Customer uses SSO for their account login.
Add Cisco DNA Spaces Service account in Meraki
The organization structure in Meraki such as Organization, Networks, and APs can be imported into Cisco DNA Spaces using a Meraki Service account.
- Note: The details of Meraki network such as organization, networks, and APs, can be fetched to Cisco DNA Spaces using a Meraki Service account. However, to connect Cisco DNA Spaces to Cisco Meraki, you must still use your Meraki customer account to import the networks into location hierarchy. The service account is used for background network synchronization to keep the Location Hierarchy up-to-date.
- To avail this support, you must invite the Meraki service account from your Meraki customer account.
- If you wish to use the Meraki API key or login via entering your credentials to connect your Meraki account to Cisco DNA Spaces, then it is recommended that you add the Cisco DNA Spaces Service account with Full admin privileges.
To add the Cisco DNA Spaces Service account in Meraki:
- Navigate to https://meraki.cisco.com
- Login using your Meraki account credentials.
- Select the desire organization from the Cisco Meraki Organization drop-down list.
- Click the Organization > Administrators menu.
- Click the Add admin button on the Cisco DNA Spaces Support Administrators screen.
- Enter a relevant Cisco DNA Service Name in the Name box.
- Enter firstname.lastname@example.org as the service account email address in the Email box.
- Select Full from the Organization Access drop-down list.
- Click Create admin. The Added Cisco DNA Spaces Service account displays.
- Click Save Changes to save the changes.
Refer to the Cisco DNA Spaces Configuration Guide for more details.