Follow the below steps to connect Cisco DNA Spaces to the Cisco CMX Controller. One or more controllers and their associated networks can be imported in to the Cisco DNA Spaces Location Hierarchy.
- Login to the Cisco DNA Spaces dashboard.
- Click on the Locations Hierarchy menu. Hover your mouse pointer over the customer name (top-right), and under the More Actions drop-down menu (radial icon with 3 dots), click Add a Wireless Network.
- On the Add a Wireless Network window, select CMX On Prem from the WIRELESS NETWORK drop-down menu.
- Enter the CMX DISPLAY NAME that you wish to display in the location hierarchy.
- In the ADD NETWORK BY section, you can choose to add a Network by selecting one of the following options:
- CMX Auto Sync
- Manual Upload
- CMX TETHERING
- IF you choose the CMX Auto Sync (default) option, then enter the CMX Server URL, User Name, and Password.
- IF you click and choose Manual Upload, the UPLOAD JSON option displays. click Browse and select the JSON file containing your exported location hierarchy. Click Upload.
- Alternatively, click and choose the CMX TETHERING option, if required.
- Click Add to add the CMX node to the location hierarchy.
- On the Location Hierarchy page, hover your mouse pointer over the Network name (top-right), and under the More Actions drop-down menu (radial icon with 3 dots), click the More Actions drop-down menu.
- Click on Add Campus. On the Add Campus window, select your Campuses, Buildings, and Floors.
- Click on Add to import them into Cisco DNA Spaces location hierarchy.
To export your location hierarchy as a JSON file from CMX On-Premise:
- Log into the CMX On-Premise CLI
- Execute the command curl –u <username>:<password> –insecure https://<cmxipaddress>:<port>/api/config/v1/maps> <filename>.json to create the JSON file.
Note: Different CMX nodes in the hierarchy cannot contain the same access points.
Refer to the Cisco DNA Spaces Configuration Guide for more details.