WLC 8.2 and Below
Communication Flow between CMX proxy –WLC—Cloud
- WLC sends the NMSP data to CMX proxy, CMX proxy converts the message from WLC to HTTPS for transport to CMX instance on the Cloud Portal.
- Traffic from CMX Proxy to cloud is all HTTPS ports to Internet Address.
- Protocols used by CMX proxy:
- NMSP – from receiving data from WLC to CMX Proxy
- SNMP – For requesting data from Controller
- Data sent from CMX Proxy to CMX Cloud over HTTPS is
- Client Association Events
- Connected Client Packet Count
- RSSI for Detected and Connected Client
Note: Ensure SNMP (161) and NMSP (16113) ports are open on both Controller and CMX Proxy.